Request or vote on a feature!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When scheduling a large meeting, allow cortana to pick the time where most are available

When scheduling a meeting for many participants, allow Cortana to select a time when majority of those invited are available. Maybe the best way to do this is a setting that says "For large meetings, have Cortana pick the time when majority are available".

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make required attendees optional

In case Cortana wasn't able to find a suitable time that matched everyone, it would be useful to suggest that certain attendees could be made optional in order to get a meeting scheduled. Currently, a whole new meeting flow needs to be setup.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. adding attendees for recurring meetings without emailing Cortana and using outlook.

Would be great once I've booked an weekly meeting, just to add another attendee using outlook and cortana to automatically book the next session with the added attendee. Without the need to send an email to all attendees and cortana to ask to add the attendee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like to override existing appointments in other's calendars

As a manage I might have to schedule emergency meetings, whcih might be conflicting with existing meetings.

For example I want to have an important meeitng on Friday morning with another 3 people. There is not a single time where the 4 of us have free time. I would like to find an option when 3 of us can be present and override the 4th one.

I would like to be able to ask Cortana to override existing appointments in such scenario.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Simplified tracking view of attendee responses, accepts

When a meeting has multiple attendees, currently you have to scroll through the meeting details page to try and understand who has responded with an accept or suggested an alternative, or even if they've acknowledged the mail at all/ is yet to respond. How about having a tabular view on top of the meetings page tracking these response types?
    Without this its hard for me to make out if Cortana is yet to schedule the meeting because all attendees havent responded yet, or some have but couldnt find a time that works etc and make a call on whether to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Be able to parse distribution lists

It seems Cortana is not currently able to parse distribution lists (even internally). I communicate on a few smaller custom DLs and I have to ask Cortana to setup a meting with each individual rather than the members of a DL.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Once a meeting is booked, keep Cortana as an attendee.

Once a meeting has been booked and put onto the calendar, Cortana appears to be out of the loop. If an attendee then declines or suggests a new time using the actual Outlook meeting, she is not involved in the process and now it is back to me to arrange a new meeting. It also means that the website with a list of all my Cortana scheduled meetings becomes quickly out of date and incorrect due to these changes.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. deal intelligently with invitees who don't respond promptly

When attendees are taking too long to respond, let me know who's responded, who's not, when they can/can't come, etc, and give me some options about what to do; for example, let me choose a time to schedule the meeting anyway or abort the meeting or something else.

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide constant feedback to the attendees

I have had a few attendees recently email me back directly as well as replying to Cortana.

My guess is that they dont feel confident that Cortana has taken on board the suggested time/date and therefore feel they need to tell me directly. I imagine if I investigated this more, it would be because they didnt recieve a 'Thanks for the update, I will let Mark know' email after they made their suggested times/dates.

Feels like we need more communication between attendees and Cortana to let them know she is on the case.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Be able to schedule meeting with individual instead of all in To and CC list.

Several times, I will schedule a meeting using an email chain that has many people on the list. I should be able to ask Cortana to schedule with an individual by name or group of people by name.

For example: "Cortana please schedule a meeting with Mike tomorrow afternoon."

In above case, the email might have Mike, Bob, Jim, and Suzy on the email list but I only need to meet with Mike to complete the next steps.

Typically I would put message saying I'll schedule a meeting with Mike but with Cortana it would be great if I could…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meeting polls link when dealing with many users (findtime.microsoft.com)

When starting to invite multiple users from external companies why not offer to use Calendar.help in conjunction with https://findtime.microsoft.com/.
    The service is designed for many users to find a suitable time, and calendar.help could automatically create a findtime meeting request and send it to the patrons.

There is clear overlap between services and they compliemnt each other.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. use the response sent by the attendee

When the attendee replies to the meeting requester with details, those details should be used in scheduling.

IE: scheduler asks for a meeting next week, copy Cortana
    - attendee replies with something like "sure how about Tuesday?"

Cortana should try Tuesday first.

Current result is Cortana is scheduling for first available slot.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Who calls who?

Have Cortana establish who will call who for a meeting.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  1 comment  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Learn Cortana how to deal with email address lastname.firstname@email.com

Cortana assumes by default that the structure of the email address is first.last@email.com and thus address the participants by the first name. However there are also email address last.first@email.com and even last names that exists out of different parts (eg. Van.den.Berge.Leo@email.com) which gives strange results in the email conversations (Hi VAN)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. allow Cortana to update you on the process of a meeting

It would be helpful if there was a way of knowing what the current status of the meeting booking is - who has replied to the emails and what they've said; who has yet to reply; when they were last chased.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Let users respond by number

When options are sent to users, use a numbered list so they can respond by number(s) rather than the time. (e.g. The following times are available 1. Monday at 3:00 2. Monday at 4:00 3. Tuesday at 9:00. The user could respond with 1,3 rather than typing/copying and pasting.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clickable links for the appointment selections

I'd like to see the invitee email include clickable links for the appointment selections instead of having to reply.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow me to have Cortana schedule a meeting with someone via Cortana voice commands

If I say "Hey Cortana, email Fred and Cortana to do lunch" to Cortana on my Windows 10 device, the experience really sucks.

It'd be nice to be able to use Calendar.help from Cortana on these devices - preferably without having to use the email feature just say "Hey Cortana, set me up a Lunch meeting with Fred!"

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability for Cortana to lookup into my address book

Cortana could look-up for names in your address book. So for example I would tell cortana

“Schedule a meeting with Kevin for this afternoon”

If Cortana could look at my address book for possible matches to “Kevin” and either:

a) Automatically send the email to Kevin from my address book if I only had one Kevin
    b) Ask me to choose between Kevins’ if I have multiple Kevins in my address book.

This would save me from typing out the email address (if I don’t want to CC Kevin in the original email to Cortana). It feels more natural to…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mentioning a co-worker by name should be sufficient without specifying full email id.

mentioning a co-worker by name in a scheduling email to cortana (e.g. please invite John Krakow) should be supported. i should not have to specify full email address. If there is disambiguation needed, I would expect Cortana to come back to clarify (like an assistant would). Otherwise it should look up in the directory.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base