Request or vote on a feature!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Cortana to be initiated from a Teams chat

Create a Teams bot so that @cortana can be tagged in a teams chat/channel to arrange a meeting. Same functionality as email however it is initiated from Teams.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Once a meeting is booked, keep Cortana as an attendee.

Once a meeting has been booked and put onto the calendar, Cortana appears to be out of the loop. If an attendee then declines or suggests a new time using the actual Outlook meeting, she is not involved in the process and now it is back to me to arrange a new meeting. It also means that the website with a list of all my Cortana scheduled meetings becomes quickly out of date and incorrect due to these changes.

147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cortana in incoming meeting mails!

Cortana should automatically trigger if someone mails me for a meeting, by asking me if I m interested and then scheduling that meeting on my available or mutually available time.

128 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scheduling meetings in Microsoft Teams

Instead of scheduling with specific people, I’d like to schedule a meeting with my Team in Microsoft Teams. This sends everyone on the Team the invite, but then bases the meeting within Microsoft Teams itself. This allows people to see that a meeting is occurring in the Teams interface in real time, and join from Teams itself without having to jump back to Outlook.

As an example, consider the scheduling of a longer working session. Team members may need to drop in and out throughout the session, but they also need to keep context of any sort of chat based…

123 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recurring meetings/events

Cortana doesn't yet understand the concept of recurring meetings... I request you up that on your priority list, as recurring meetings are a common requirement. My typical request would be something like: schedule a one-hour meeting every Thursday at 4pm from now until the end of May...

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recognize and add travel times

Let Cortana see where I am and take travel times into account. Also when I schedule a meeting at a certain location add travel time to my agenda as well.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have some buffer time between meetings

Cortana currently schedules me back-to-back. I prefer to have buffer time between meetings.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have an option to put proposed times as tentative in my calendar and delete them once the meeting is confimed

If Cortana proposes different time slots to someone, those should be booked tentatively in my agenda until the confirmation of the meeting. For people who get booked by colleagues a lot, having Cortana offer time slots that will be unavailable later is no use.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include instructions for the recipient on how to respond.

Most recipients will not be familiar with Cortana Calendar Help, and they will be confused when they get an e-mail from it. They could use brief instructions on "here are things you can ask me to do" from Cortana.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow you to personalize Cortana's name. Use of company's email address and companies signature

With such personalization like using another names, companies email addresses and signatures, it will not have such technical looking.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Be able to schedule meeting with individual instead of all in To and CC list.

Several times, I will schedule a meeting using an email chain that has many people on the list. I should be able to ask Cortana to schedule with an individual by name or group of people by name.

For example: "Cortana please schedule a meeting with Mike tomorrow afternoon."

In above case, the email might have Mike, Bob, Jim, and Suzy on the email list but I only need to meet with Mike to complete the next steps.

Typically I would put message saying I'll schedule a meeting with Mike but with Cortana it would be great if I could…

87 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Attendees  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix your time zones

Your meeting suggestions make incorrect timezone references. I am in the central timezone and Cortana suggested a meeting time of October 1st at 2pm CST. We are still in daylight savings time so you should use CDT (central daylight time), not CST (central standard time). Or avoid all that and just use CT.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. @Cortana in Email body should automatically add Cortana's Email address in CC

I should be able to address Cortana as

@Cortana, Please schedule a meeting...

This should automatically add Cortana's Email address in CC instead of me typing in.

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Let me select final meeting time if attendees are available for multiple suggested times

Once Cortana has suggested times and polled attendees, it would be nice if she would email me with the times that work and give me a window of time in which to make a final decision. So if she offered 1:30 Monday, 2:00 Tuesday, and 1:00 Wednesday, and everyone was available, I would receive an email asking which one to use for the meeting. If I did not respond in a set time (say 4 hours) then Cortana would pick one.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Avoid back to back meetings

Add an option so that Cortana leave "travel time" or "buffer time" between meetings. Avoiding a full day of back to back meetings.

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Convenience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cortana is not checking availability before actually scheduling the meeting

I sent George an email looking to setup a breakfast meeting on Thu this week or Fri next week or Mon the week after that.

Cortana sent George the 3 choices as expected and George replied that he could do Fri or Thu June 1. Cortana booked Fri morning for our breakfast meeting.

The problem is that betwee the time Cortana sent George the option times, I BOOKED a Fri meeting with someone else. Now I was double booked.

Would you please make sure that before Cortana books any appointment on my calendar that she look at my calendar to…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Query all my calendars when looking for available times

I have multiple calendars in my email account, and I would like all of them to be aggregated when finding times that I'm free.

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Account & Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. blocker

Automatically add blockers into my calendar when suggesting potential times

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Trigger Cortana without others on email

One thing that would be great is for me to forward a thread to Cortana, without others Cc'ed on it, with the command to schedule a meeting. It would be one less email that goes out to the recipients

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base