Request or vote on a feature!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add my office as a meeting location

I would like to have the ability to add my office location to the preferred meeting list, not just conference rooms. There is no need to book a conference room to conduct one on one evals and conversations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Find a room with specific attributes

Provide the ability to add a conference room with specific attributes such as... add a room with a Surface Hub, add a video conference room, or add a video conference room for each participant location.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Restrict rooms only to your preferred rooms

When scheduling a meeting that requires a conference room. It would be nice to be able to restrict the conference rooms Cortana books to only your preferred conference rooms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Continually clean calendar to confirm there are location and or call in number.

It would be good if the AI could be proactive in making sure all meetings have a number and a location If a meeting is a location at another site if a reminder with a map to the location could be provided in the reminder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manage Working between Sites

I work between locations. When I create an event, it would be great if Cortana could see where other meetings for that day are taking place and automatically suggest the same location. Otherwise I have to look at the calendar to see where I am on each day. For instance, "Book a meeting the next time I am in London with..."

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Intelligently reserve conference rooms for recurring meetings

Choose a conference room for recurring meetings. If that room is available for some of the meetings, say 6/10 of the recurrences, come back and give me room options for subsequent meetings and allow me to choose the room for those other meetings.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recognize and add travel times

Let Cortana see where I am and take travel times into account. Also when I schedule a meeting at a certain location add travel time to my agenda as well.

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Negotiate Location

I would love for Cortana to negotiate location in addition to negotiating time, and contextual understanding on location such as "meet at my office", "our our office", and have this in full in the calendar invite - eg, Microsoft Building 121, 15220 NE 40th St, Redmond, WA 98052, USA, or understandings around rooms/floors. Or have a way to default to a call instead.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be a great feature to enable Cortana to start booking location based meetings. It could potentially work by defining "usual spots"

It would be a great feature to enable Cortana to start booking location based meetings. It could potentially work by defining "usual spots" such as a typical Starbucks "Downtown" that I may use to meet for coffee meetings.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Cortana to note which days I'm Working from Home (WfH) and bias scheduling non-work-related meetings to those days

I work from home one day a week so that I can schedule doctors appointments or home and auto service appointments on that day and work a more flexible schedule. Also, my home is about 10 miles away from work - making it a preferable base for meetings in that part of town.

I mark my WFH day with an all-day calendar event labeled "WFH" and set it to "Out of office" in Outlook.

I wish Cortana could pick up on that and schedule meetings accordingly.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to manage "places" in web UI and define custom invocation names for each place (conference room, conf call, etc)

The simplest approach i can think of is to have three fields for each place:
    invocation name (e.g. "Conference Call"), where (e.g. "Dial 555-555-5555 enter code 252525"), description ("See conference details above")

The invocation name would be what cortana uses to recognize which place you want to set the meeting, and the "where" would populate into the "where" field on google calendar, and description would populate accordingly as well.

In my use case i would set up a few places such as:
    Conference Room A (Where: conference room A)
    Conference Call (Where: dial xxx-xxx-xxxx #25222)
    Web demo (Where: blah.com/invitecode)

I…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  0 comments  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Suggest meetings with friends who are going to be nearby when you are

A lot of friends are consultants who work all over the city. It'd be nice to know when any are on an assignment in my neighborhood so we can get together for lunch and catch-up.

Maybe Cortana could also get info from LinkedIn - when a friend gets a new job, their contacts in the area could be notified.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to look at a room on another domain, and tell me the availability.

Is there a way for Cortana to look at a Room on another domain, and tell me the availability. A room is essentially just another calendar with an email address. Is this possible, and if so what keywords do I use to make it happen?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Location  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I tried booking conference room for meeting. Cortana neither access my outlook to check for availability, nor it booked a room.

I tried booking conference room for meeting. Cortana neither access my outlook to check for availability, nor it booked a room. It would be nice if it have that feature. I checked in calendar.help.preferences. I am not able to add room details there as well. Save button is not responding.

Thanks.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change text and language templates

I would like to see the e-mail templates also in different languages, but also can be customized in terms of text.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow me to specify meeting locations within walking distance of work

I ride my bike to work but don't really want to take my bike to lunch meetings. It'd be nice if on days I ride to work, I could specify to have meetings within walking distance of work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If people work far away but live nearby, it'd be nice if Cortana could recognize that and suggest having the meeting after work instead

It'd be helpful if Cortana understood where I'm going to be throughout my day and how that overlaps with where my meeting attendees will be - allowing her to schedule meetings when we're closest instead of having to travel further to meet.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base